PCSE’s New Home
This year PCSE has commenced construction of our new Palliative Care Community Hub at 80 Victor Crescent, Narre Warren. The upgraded facilities will enable our team to deliver a range of services onsite to support our community and provide essential care to those who need it the most. The Palliative Care Hub will include space for counselling rooms, therapeutic wellbeing gardens, bereavement support groups, art, music and massage therapy and other activities to support people living with a life-limiting illness.
We need your support to make this project reality and ensure PCSE is future ready, with the resources we need to meet the growing demand for our services. Your contribution, no matter how big or small, will help us to fund this build and deliver long-term change to our community. To find out how you can help please click here.
How are we continuing to support you through the COVID 19 pandemic
At Palliative Care South East Ltd, we are committed to supporting our community to live well. We are taking actions to ensure we align our service model with advice from the Department of Health and Human Services and support the safety and well being of our staff, volunteers and the community.
- We will continue to provide phone support and information 24/7
- In the best interests of our clients and carers, we will be undertaking our visits by phone or video conference when possible.
- We will be checking, by asking questions prior to our visits and confirming by phone and text that we are able to visit.
- This will limit travel of clients, staff and volunteers unless vital for care reasons.
- We will consider the needs of older adults, persons with disabilities, and others with access and functional challenges and prioritise our resources to ensure ongoing care and support.
- We will provide specialist phone consults to residential and aged care facilities to limit visitation and risk to those clients, we will always support their needs.
- We will follow the guidelines and advice of the Department of health and Human Services and collaborate with other community agencies to support continuity of care.
Vaccination at PCSE
We are excited to announce that all PCSE staff now have both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine! Congratulations and thank you to our team for rolling up their sleeves and helping us achieve a 100% double vaccination status. It is fantastic to see our staff being proactive to protect themselves and our community.
Join our Volunteer Program!
PCSE has partnered with Ritchie’s IGA as part of their Community Benefits Program. This means that shoppers can register for a Ritchies Card (or download the Ritchies App) and select Palliative Care South East as a charity they would like to support. Once you have registered you can scan the card or use the app every time you shop and a % of your spend will be received by PCSE.
Work with us
How you can help
Carer Support Kit
‘The Kit’ includes information on the following topics:
- Looking after yourself
- Managing pain, symptoms and medications
- Preparing for death
- Resources and links