Referrals to Palliative Care South East can be made by GPs, specialists, hospital staff, residential aged care staff, or through self-referral by the client or their family.
Referrals are appropriate if the person meets the following criteria:
- Lives within the service catchment area
- Has a diagnosed progressive and advanced illness
- Have given consent to the referral (this may include their next of kin or person responsible)
- Has care needs that are assessed as requiring the support of a specialist community palliative care service. (Please note PCSE does not provide personal care services).
Via the online referral portal below.
- Hospital Discharge summary
- Current medication list
- Scans and blood results
- Relevant specialist letters and doctors notes
If the referral is urgent, please contact our Intake Team during office hours on (03) 5991 1300.
Dying is part of living and you are still living when you are dying