The Referral Process.
Referrals to Palliative Care South East can be made by clinicians, including GPs.
Please note as of Wednesday, 1st April 2020, referrals can only be accepted electronically via this web page.
The person needs to meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the Palliative Care South East program:
- Live within the service catchment area (our catchment area includes Cardinia Shire, City of Casey, City of Greater Dandenong and parts of Kingston)
- Have a diagnosed terminal illness
- Have given consent to the referral (this may include their next of kin or person responsible)
- Have care needs that are assessed as requiring the support of a specialist community palliative care service.
In order to ensure that your client’s referral is not delayed, please ensure that copies of the following information are provided at the time of referral where applicable and available:
- Show evidence of Client consent
- Medical information
- Hospital Discharge summary
- Current Medication List
- Scans and Blood results (include EGFR)
- Relevant specialist letters and Doctors notes
We have a specialist Intake Team who will review and process the referral within 24 hours of receipt. You can contact our Intake Team at any time during office hours to check the progress of a referral.
Dying is part of living and you are still living when you are dying